writing, editing, strategy
VA Careers Recruitment Marketing (consistently achieved large numbers of views with profiles, news stories and listicles; recent items listed in reverse chronological order)
- VA recruitment video shines light on Veterans Crisis Line responders
- Feb. 25, 2020 | 1,000 views
- Health executive credits VA with post-military career rise
- Feb. 12, 2020 | 1,000 views
- Discover the total rewards of a career caring for Veterans
- Feb. 11, 2020 | 2,000 views
- Five VA jobs you may qualify for with military training
- Jan. 28, 2020 | 21,000 views
- VA’s cutting-edge technology helps physicians provide top-notch Veteran care
Dec. 28, 2019 | 3,000 views
writing, editing, strategy
Military Financial Readiness Posters
- TSP: Coffee Cup Contribution Plan
- TSP: Feast on more savings in retirement
- TSP: Walk the red carpet to retirement
Marketing and Public Relations Copy
Case Studies (and more)
- Communicating Geospatial Informatics
- Encouraging Hepatitis C Testing and Treatment
- Ending Veteran Homelessness
- Promoting Military Financial Readiness
Guest Opinion-Editorials: Nationwide, Proof That Ending Veteran Homelessness Is Possible | August 2016
For Bob McDonald, VA secretary and Julian Castro, HUD secretary; ran in McClatchy and four papers
- Taunton Daily Gazette: http://www.tauntongazette.com/opinion/20160811/guest-opinion-nationwide-proof-that-ending-veteran-homelessness-is-possible
- The Vindicator: http://www.vindy.com/news/2016/aug/11/ending-veteran-homelessness-is-possible-/
- Record Searchlight: http://www.redding.com/opinion/columnists/ending-veteran-homelessness-is-possible-39a75273-0bb2-076a-e053-0100007fe4d6-389678371.html
- The Times-Tribune: http://thetimes-tribune.com/opinion/all-out-war-on-vet-homelessness-1.2076486
Leading the Way to End Veteran Homelessness | Dec. 6, 2017
for Dee Walsh, Executive Vice President for Network and Corporate Affairs, Housing Partnership Network
Selected Proposal Wins (for Aptive Resources and Church Street Editorial)
- Secured multiple winning bids, including multimillion-dollar efforts to rebrand veteran health centers and recruit health care professionals to work at the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
- Helped win bids for critical strategic communications contract vehicles and myriad proposals for VA, including SOSS and VECTOR and for the departments of Defense and Transportation.
- Helped the D.C. government win two federal grants, obtaining critical health funding for vulnerable populations in the D.C. region.
- Assisted National Board win federal grants from the U.S. Department of Education.
Download the portfolio for more highlights from published works.